Friday, May 20, 2011

There has to be a network change management system

Something, that I can:

1. open up with a browser
2. integrates with active directory so that we don't have even more credentials
3. where I can select a site (from a configured and easy to maintain database, or add)
4. a source network or hosts (from a configured and easy to maintain database, or add)
5. ports and protocols (well known and custom)
6. a destination network or hosts (from a configured and easy to maintain database, or add)
7. can save it as a request, assign status, and e-mail it
8. a list of approvers can be configured and e-mailed
9. Can track when a change is ready and deployed
10. Can run reports.

Kind of like changegear, but it doesn't suck and is meant for networking.

I don't think I ask for too much. Where is it? Can I start an open source project if it doesn't exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment