Wednesday, November 2, 2016

#vDM30in30 11-02-2016 @arielsanchezmor

It's a good idea to read this before reading the rest of this post.

2nd day's log. It was a good day :)

Cool stuff

I went to a NYC BUG meeting today. What is that? BUG = BSD User Group. Lots of really cool and experienced sysadmins make up that group. Today's meeting was one of the leaders, .ike , talking about the economics and decisions of startups using AWS vs colo - with actual data and real life experiences. Real cool presenter, crowd and location - great discussions were had. I had to leave early so I couldn't stay for the traditional beers, which I normally enjoy!

vBrownBag

Today was the start of Jillvember on vBrownBag US. Look out for that session - check the full schedule here. I wasn't able to attend live because of NYCBUG, but I'll be sure to catch the session.

Blog posts

I made true on a promise to highlight Clinton Prentice's huge VCAP6-NV deploy effort in my network virtualization blog - you can find the post and how to contact Clinton here.

Tomorrow

I'm catching the short LGA-BOS-LGA planes and going to the Boston UserCon. Huuuge attendance, incredible star-studded agenda, and a chance to wear my Patriots gear without getting heckled like normally in NYC. Plus, lots of vBrownBag crew will be there :)

We're also doing going to have Sergio Munoz, @mrserch, do a cool session on some hot tech (AWS? Azure? with Docker?) in the weekly vBrownBagLATAM. If you can deal with spanish, I wouldn't miss that one :)

What about the rest of the stuff you were working on?

Nothing to report :p well, there's only so many hours in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment